Layne is a certified level 1 crystal healer and works with clients individually to help them overcome challenges and blockages.
What Are the Benefits and Uses of Aventurine?
Aventurine is an extremely positive stone and helps natural leaders to fulfill their purpose in life. It comes in a variety of colors—green, blue, red, brown, and faint orange—and helps to balance yin and yang energy. Aventurine offers the following benefits:
- increases positive mood
- protects against electromagnetic smog
- improves leadership
- stabilizes mental health
- disperses anger
- balances yin and yang
- heals the heart chakra
Aventurine comes in green, blue, red, brown, and faint orange. It may be translucent (opaque) and comes in a variety of sizes.
Where Is It Found?
Aventurine is readily available in regions of Italy, Brazil, China, India, Russia, Tibet, and Nepal.
How Much Does Aventurine Cost?
You can find fairly inexpensive aventurine in most crystal shops. Depending on quality, the stone can be ordered in bulk or purchased in a shop for $5-20 dollars a piece (tumbled).
The Meaning and Metaphysical Properties of Aventurine Stone
Aventurine is an extremely positive stone and wards off negativity. It can be used to create grids inside a living space for added benefit. This stone is especially good at protecting against electromagnetic smog, so it can be used to protect an individual from cell phone radiation and blue light radiation from computers and other electronic devices.
Aventurine is a great stone for leaders. It allows individuals to lead and fulfill their purpose, all the while remaining sensitive and compassionate towards individuals and seeing all perspectives. It is a great stone for creativity and mental stability, and helps to dissolve past struggles.
Aventurine dissolves anger and can resolve past wounds that trigger irritation and depression. It is a stone of well-being, balancing both the yin and yang (male and female energies within the body). If you are around individuals who continuously suck your energy or bring you down, this is an especially powerful crystal for self-preservation. It is helpful for use over the heart chakra and great for heart health and skin disorders. It aids connective tissue and nervous system health and development.
How to Use Aventurine for Healing
Aventurine can be carried in the pocket or worn as jewelry, as a pendant, in earrings, or as a ring. Carry tumbled aventurine in your hand or place it over your heart chakra. Place it on your night stand, under your pillow, or simply in your room.
- Blue aventurine is especially beneficial for good mental health.
- Green aventurine heals the heart. It gets rid of the negativity in one's life. It literally heals the heart and brings harmony and overall wellness to the individual.
Read More From Remedygrove
The Benefits of Aventurine Crystal
How to Program a Crystal
So you have a crystal or stone. How do you program it? Programming your crystal is much like setting an intention. Below is a basic step-by-step method for programming:
- Neutralize. Make sure your crystal is energetically neutral (see resources below on how to cleanse your crystal). I prefer smudging my crystals with sage or bathing them in salt water baths under moonlight or sunlight.
- Hold the crystal in your dominant hand or both hands (as I like to do) and neutralize your mind and energy.
- Gaze at your crystal, direct your energetic intention towards it. You might feel an electrical surge through your arms as you do this. You can visualize this surge, too.
- Verbally acknowledge the intention. You can recite your intention outloud, whisper, or mentally sound your intention. Some programming examples include recitations of "love," "tranquility," "fertility," "clairvoyance," "equanimity." You may also recite variations. For example, "I dedicate this crystal to bring joy into my life and those around me."
- Harmony. You should feel a sense of harmony once the crystal is successfully programmed. The programming is complete when you feel it is complete.
How to Cleanse Crystals
- Moonlight: Many crystals can be smudged in moonlight. This is especially good for raw or sensitive crystals. Simply set the crystal on a windowsill overnight and let the moonlight do its work.
- Sunlight: Sunlight is also another affective means to cleanse a crystal. You can leave the crystal out during the day and let the sun’s rays do its work.
- Sage or Palo Santo: White sage or palo santo may be used to smudge crystals. I like to light a white tea candle and use this to light the sage repeatedly.
How to Smudge a Crystal
- Ignite the sage or palo santo, and blow it out.
- The item should smoke.
- Hold the crystal in the smoke like you would an item under the running water and let it wash away the absorbed energy.
Crystal Healing Is a Personal Journey
The Science Behind Crystal Healing
So how do crystals affect our energetic bodies? To be alive is to be receptive to energy. Energy transference is one mode of healing crystal healers use on their clients. Even chemical changes from a simple crystal meditation, promoting positivity or relaxation of the mind, energetically and biologically transforms the body.
Crystals have been incorporated in healing by ancient civilizations for centuries but the exact evolution of crystal healing is non-linear (i.e. carnelian stone, lapis lazuli, turquoise, obsidian, jade). Nevertheless, humans have adapted crystals for use in modern medicine for decades. Some common usages for crystals include ultrasonography, doppler pressure monitors, and ultrasonic scalers (dentistry), just to name a few.
How to Use Crystals for Meditation
Let's do an exercise. Perhaps you have a crystal or mineral in your home. It can be a piece of jewelry, a rock (mineral), ideally a crystal, or simply an object that commands your attention. Set an intention for this meditation. For example, "I intend to open my heart to universal love," or "I intend to release any negative beliefs I have about my physical body." Look within and get deep.
- Placement. Place this object in a comfortable plain of view. Throughout this meditation, your head should be held in a neutral posture in relation to your body.
- Get comfortable. Make sure you use props, cushions, or any sort of physical assistance to keep you comfortable in the moment. Immerse yourself in the space free of distraction.
- Find your drishti (Sanskrit), a gaze, your point of attention. Direct your view towards your chosen item. Your gaze should not feel forced, but rather soft and relaxed. Keep your intention in mind.
- Allow your thoughts to wash through you. Your mind may be calling out to you about a pinched nerve in your back, or the appointment you have later this afternoon. Your dog may be barking, or the street cleaner sweeping. If the you are sensitive to sensory overload try ear plugs or soft instrumental music.
- Acknowledge your thoughts. Interruptive thoughts are natural as we begin to meditate. It is important to acknowledge a thought as "there," but to let it pass, like flipping channels on a television, or watching a set of waves wash in from the ocean.
- Accept and surrender. We do not define right or wrong thought process here. You are simply allowing yourself to be present and attuned. Let your mind be.
- Redirect and focus on breath. Prana, or life force, is quite literally the energetic flow of the universe in your body. That's why yogis use pranayama, or breathing technique, to focus their energy into their whole being. If you feel yourself slipping out of focus, redirect your attention to the body by visualizing and experiencing your flow of breath.
- Gently return. Whether you set the soft bell of a timer or naturally feel your meditation is complete, gently return to your surroundings. Allow yourself time to adjust. Some meditators choose to conclude with a prayer, a blessing, a bow, or any closure you see fit for your practice.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2019 Laynie H