Layne is a certified level 1 crystal healer and works with clients individually to help them overcome challenges and blockages.
What Are the Benefits of Green Jade?
Jade is an extremely purifying stone that brings good luck to the user and encourages healthy relationships. It is a great stone for inner peace, connecting to nature, and developing on a personal level.
Jade offers the following benefits:
- enhances wisdom
- healthy relationships
- mood stabilization
- dream enhancer
- removes toxins
- brings about peace
- dissolves trauma
- brings joy
Jade comes must notably in green but also orange, blue, blue-green, cream, brown, red, faint purple, and white. It can be “creamy” in appearance or translucent.
Where Is It Found?
Jade is found in the United States (Big Sur jade), China, Italy, Russia, and the Middle East. It can be rare or more widely available (jadeite).
How Much Does Jade Cost?
Authentic jade is made up of nephrite and jadeite. Emerald-green jade (jadeite) or "Imperial Jade" is the most precious of the stones. Pure jade is rare and in high demand with its pricing still increasing to roughly $3000 an ounce.
The Meaning and Properties of Jade Stone
Jade represents purity and wisdom. It is great for use on the heart chakra as it is a stone of love and brings good luck and healthy relations in love and in friendship. It is a great mood stabilizer, connecting mind and body, and makes one self-sufficient in life and in mind.
It is great for enhancing dreams and can help dissolve frustrating or challenging emotions. It helps with personal growth and self-expression. It can cleanse the body of stagnation and toxicity and it is great for working on the glands by encouraging the elimination of toxins. It is also good for use over the hips and pelvic region.
How to Use Jade for Healing
Jade can be carried in the pocket or worn as jewelry, as a pendant, in earrings, or as a ring. Place it on your night stand, under your pillow, or simply in your room. It can be held over the heart for heart chakra healing.
- Blue-Green: Brings inner peace and encourages personal development.
- Brown: Grounding stone—helps with adjustment to newness and reality.
- Green: Good for the nervous system and creates harmony within relationships.
- Lavender: Gets rid of trauma and encourages inner peace—helps one to establish boundaries.
- Orange: Energizing and encourages joy and happiness. Brings about a feeling of connection.
- Red: Stimulating and brings about passion. Can help relieve anger and frustrating emotions.
- White: Helps with focus and decision-making.
How to Program a Crystal
So you have a crystal or stone. How do you program it? Programming your crystal is much like setting an intention. Below is a basic step-by-step method for programming:
- Neutralize. Make sure your crystal is energetically neutral (see resources below on how to cleanse your crystal). I prefer smudging my crystals with sage or bathing them in salt water baths under moonlight or sunlight.
- Hold the crystal in your dominant hand or both hands (as I like to do) and neutralize your mind and energy.
- Gaze at your crystal, direct your energetic intention towards it. You might feel an electrical surge through your arms as you do this. You can visualize this surge, too.
- Verbally acknowledge the intention. You can recite your intention outloud, whisper, or mentally sound your intention. Some programming examples include recitations of "love," "tranquility," "fertility," "clairvoyance," "equanimity." You may also recite variations. For example, "I dedicate this crystal to bring joy into my life and those around me."
- Harmony. You should feel a sense of harmony once the crystal is successfully programmed. The programming is complete when you feel it is complete.
Crystal Healing Is a Personal Journey
How to Cleanse Crystals
- Moonlight: Many crystals can be smudged in moonlight. This is especially good for raw or sensitive crystals. Simply set the crystal on a windowsill overnight and let the moonlight do its work.
- Sunlight: Sunlight is also another affective means to cleanse a crystal. You can leave the crystal out during the day and let the sun’s rays do its work.
- Sage or Palo Santo: White sage or palo santo may be used to smudge crystals. I like to light a white tea candle and use this to light the sage repeatedly.
How to Smudge a Crystal
- Ignite the sage or palo santo, and blow it out.
- The item should smoke.
- Hold the crystal in the smoke like you would an item under the running water and let it wash away the absorbed energy.
The Science Behind Crystal Healing
So how do crystals affect our energetic bodies? To be alive is to be receptive to energy. Energy transference is one mode of healing crystal healers use on their clients. Even chemical changes from a simple crystal meditation, promoting positivity or relaxation of the mind, energetically and biologically transforms the body.
Crystals have been incorporated in healing by ancient civilizations for centuries but the exact evolution of crystal healing is non-linear (i.e. carnelian stone, lapis lazuli, turquoise, obsidian, jade). Nevertheless, humans have adapted crystals for use in modern medicine for decades. Some common usages for crystals include ultrasonography, doppler pressure monitors, and ultrasonic scalers (dentistry), just to name a few.
How to Use Crystals for Meditation
Let's do an exercise. Perhaps you have a crystal or mineral in your home. It can be a piece of jewelry, a rock (mineral), ideally a crystal, or simply an object that commands your attention. Set an intention for this meditation. For example, "I intend to open my heart to universal love," or "I intend to release any negative beliefs I have about my physical body." Look within and get deep.
- Placement. Place this object in a comfortable plain of view. Throughout this meditation, your head should be held in a neutral posture in relation to your body.
- Get comfortable. Make sure you use props, cushions, or any sort of physical assistance to keep you comfortable in the moment. Immerse yourself in the space free of distraction.
- Find your drishti (Sanskrit), a gaze, your point of attention. Direct your view towards your chosen item. Your gaze should not feel forced, but rather soft and relaxed. Keep your intention in mind.
- Allow your thoughts to wash through you. Your mind may be calling out to you about a pinched nerve in your back, or the appointment you have later this afternoon. Your dog may be barking, or the street cleaner sweeping. If the you are sensitive to sensory overload try ear plugs or soft instrumental music.
- Acknowledge your thoughts. Interruptive thoughts are natural as we begin to meditate. It is important to acknowledge a thought as "there," but to let it pass, like flipping channels on a television, or watching a set of waves wash in from the ocean.
- Accept and surrender. We do not define right or wrong thought process here. You are simply allowing yourself to be present and attuned. Let your mind be.
- Redirect and focus on breath. Prana, or life force, is quite literally the energetic flow of the universe in your body. That's why yogis use pranayama, or breathing technique, to focus their energy into their whole being. If you feel yourself slipping out of focus, redirect your attention to the body by visualizing and experiencing your flow of breath.
- Gently return. Whether you set the soft bell of a timer or naturally feel your meditation is complete, gently return to your surroundings. Allow yourself time to adjust. Some meditators choose to conclude with a prayer, a blessing, a bow, or any closure you see fit for your practice.
The Healing Properties of Green Jade
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2019 Layne Holmes