Grounding and Protecting
Why Should I Ground?
Whether you are an empath, intuitive, or have some other abilities, grounding can be life-changing. When you discover or accept your abilities, it can be overwhelming. Some may experience fear or wariness, while others could be very excited about it. While it is something that should not be taken lightly, it’s nothing to fear either. There are some things that you should do as a precaution to make sure that you don’t tread where you don’t belong. If you take the time to prepare and not jump in blindly, you have nothing to fear. Yes, there are times things can get a bit tense or creepy, but don’t let that scare you away. There may also be times that you feel like you are going crazy, and that is perfectly normal as well. We are experiencing changes that we have not experienced before, therefore, it is all going to be new and strange.
The first area you need to work on is yourself. Hence, go deep within to figure out what to do without. The best way to do this is through meditation or just spending some time alone, even better if it can be in nature. However, the first thing you should ALWAYS do regardless of what it is you are working on when dealing with the spiritual realm is to ground and protect.
As I said earlier, this isn’t an area to be taken lightly. It can be rewarding and enjoyable if you do it right. Otherwise, you may wear yourself down easily or let things in that you should not let in. It’s good to ground and protect before you do anything, even meditating. So, let’s take one thing at a time.
First, we’re going to talk about grounding. Ever feel off balance? Have you felt like you were just out of it and just not connected? In that case, you aren’t grounded.
How to Ground
There are several ways to ground. I have a few ways that I do personally that work well for me. The fastest and easiest way to ground is to kick off your shoes and get your feet on the bare earth. Nature helps reconnect us. So, taking your shoes off and just walking through the grass or standing on the bare dirt is a great way to ground. If you don’t have that option or don’t feel like going out, there are more options.
Another exercise I like to do:
- Stand barefoot, with your feet firmly on the ground.
- Visualize that you have roots extending from the bottom of your feet into the ground.
- Now, visualize that those roots are holding you firmly into the ground and you are basically planted there.
While the first two exercises are my personal favorites, there are more options that are quick and easy:
- Visualize the color red. Red is the color of the root chakra (your base), that keeps you grounded.
- You can also do a tree pose as they do in yoga. This pose is basically standing on one foot while the other foot is resting against the opposite leg and balancing.
Grounding Visualization Exercise Introduction
Here is a more in-depth exercise. Feel free to read through it and watch the accompanying video.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart.
- Clear your mind and close your eyes if you feel moved to.
- Start taking deep breaths. Inhale for a count of 10, and exhale for a count of ten. Keep this up.
- Now, picture a tree and the roots that grow deep into the ground to make that tree stand tall and firm.
- Now, imagine that you are that tree and your feet are the roots.
- Imagine those roots going down into the ground and anchoring themselves deep into the ground.
- Now, see yourself as that strong, firm tree.
- Smile and you're done.
Grounding Visualization Exercise
Why Is Protection Important?
Now, let’s move on to protection. Protection is very important because there are lower energies that can invade you and your space. These lower energies are not a good thing. There are plenty of higher vibrating energies that are amazing to work with during your sessions. The lower energies can drain your energy and even attach themselves to you, causing some major negative effects. Do not allow these!
You can shield and protect before meditating by connecting with spirits, or just about anything that involves other energies outside your own. Protection is also a good practice to keep daily if you are an empath. Being an empath means that you can feel and absorb others energies, therefore, protection is extremely important in this case so that you are not taking on as much. Just imagine going into a crowded area with so many different emotions and energies going on, it can be an overload.
Therefore, whether you are an empath that needs to shield, or you are preparing to do some spiritual work, protection is important.
The Protection Shield
How to make your protection shield:
- Visualize yourself in a large bubble of light.
- Make sure this light bubble envelops your whole body; top, bottom, front, back.
- If it helps, pretend to blow a bubble. Just as a rule of thumb . . . always ask your guides and divine spirit team to watch over and protect you.
Grounding and protecting are important and easy enough to do daily. Once you have practiced it some, you will notice it becomes easier and faster to do. Make grounding and protecting a part of your daily life and notice the changes that come along with a daily practice.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2017 Christy