Crystal healing is a powerful, alternative medicine technique which uses crystals as the healing tools. Crystals are like precious rocks and are beautiful. Even looking at one is healing in itself but holding one is even better. You almost go in a state of Zen, as you hold your crystal. This is crystal healing. Whilst a lot of people are skeptical about this method, you don't have to be a hard-core believer to avail of the benefits. Doing small things such as keeping a crystal in your pocket can keep you feeling happy, empowered and energized.
Of course, different crystals have different powers. Some help you overcome psychic attack, others keep you energized, some help you study and retain information better, whilst others get rid of negative emotions. There are hundreds of different crystals, most are easily available on Amazon or Ebay. The easiest you can find are:
- Rose Quartz
- Tigers Eye
There are many, many more to add to this list but as you research more about rock collecting, I'm sure you could extend to that collection. Today, I am going to focus on two of the most commonly found crystals: Amethyst and Citrine. I am sure you may have heard of one or two of these names. If not, by the end of this article, you will!
So, in this article, I will be giving plenty of information about each one, their crystal healing properties, how to look after them and where to buy. You have plenty to look forward to, I'm sure!
Citrine is a yellow to orange crystal which can be bought as a cluster or a single point. Its yellow colour attracts happiness and wellbeing.
- Citrine is a very powerful, energetic and cleansing crystal which attracts and gives abundance and success to those that ask for it.
- Citrine is a huge energy booster. Great for getting up in the mornings, full of energy!
- It automatically dispels negative energy, making it a great crystal cleanser. Most crystals absorb negative energy and keep it within themselves, this negative energy makes the crystal weak. However, with citrine, it takes in the negative energy and dispels it. Place this crystal with others to cleanse the of their negative energy.
- Citrine attracts wealth, success and plentiful abundance.
- Citrine stimulates a creative mind, helping you with drawing, painting, writing, inventing and designing. Unleash your inner potential with citrine!
- Citrine boosts self-esteem and self-confidence, as it rids any negative energies coming your way.
How to Use It
- For more wealth, place a Citrine point or cluster in a money box, purse or wallet. This way the universe knows that you need a little extra cash, helping you on creating more abundance which leads to success.
- To tap into citrine's moving, happy, energy place it in your pocket and bring it with you everywhere. The crystal will bring comfort to you also.
- For maximum effect, citrine loves the sun, judging by its colour! So, charge it up by the windowsill and leave the sun's rays to penetrate into the crystal. Don't overdo this as the yellow/orange colour will wear after a while.
Amethyst is a light to dark purple semi-precious stone which can come as a geode, cluster or single point. It derives from the quartz family, as does Citrine and Amethyst has many, many healing properties. This crystal is associated with the planet Jupiter and is associated with the element of air.
- It is a powerful and protective stone, shielding you from psychic attack and spreading good energy.
- Amethyst relieves any stress or anxiety you may have. Its gentle vibrations are very comforting. It is a soothing stone, soothing you from anger, irritability and fear.
- It is a very spiritual crystal, helping the user to raise spiritual awareness and look deeper into life.
- It helps with insomnia, giving you a better nights sleep.
How to Use It
- For maximum effect, keep beside a citrine for a few hours to recharge its batteries.
- Keep an amethyst with you at all times, whether in your pocket, pencil case or purse to dispel any negative energies, stress, anxiety or fear.
- To sleep better, add an amethyst beside your bed, you will also feel re-energised the next morning!
Read More From Remedygrove
Remember to cleanse your crystals every now and again. You can cleanse a citrine by placing it in the sun. You can cleanse other crystals by immersing them in seawater and leave there for a few hours. The seawater will take away any negative energies from the crystal and will recharge its batteries.
Or, alternatively, try placing them in running water or in soil. Those are other natural methods which work.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Maurice Glaude from Mobile on November 24, 2017:
Amythyst and Citrine are my most used crystals aside from my green aventurine bracelet I never take off.
Bobby Rehberg on December 03, 2016:
Can you put amethyst and tigers eye on a necklace together.
siddhi on March 13, 2014:
Hi, good values and thoughts shated, sharing recent experience with citrine. I changed the place of cluster of citrine I hav, from a cupboard to my worship place & observed my spiritual willingness in increased to some level, just after reading all above articles I realized it. Thank you. And same I observed fir my 5.5 year daughter too! So this confirms ee can tune it to what we want
Susan W (author) from The British Isles, Europe on December 31, 2013:
I'm so sorry for the delay. Thanks so much for the great comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed this hub, I will be writing more in the future. Yes, cleansing your crystals with salt (including Himalayan Salt) is a great way to cleanse your crystals, and you are doing the right thing. I would prefer to put them in salt rather than a solution of salt and water, just in case your crystals are slightly unstable and could disintegrate.
Thanks for your excellent question, Polina and if you have any more just let me know.
Polina on October 15, 2013:
Wow...this is amazing. I've had crystals scinse I was 10 and now im 16! I love them! They help me sooo much and I am very happy I found these hubs so I can read even more about them. I have a question, though:
Am I doing the right thing? Sometimes I clean my crystals and gems with himalyan salt. Is that good? I bury them in it for a few hours or put a bit of himalyan salt in water and keep them in that. They look quite good, but I just need to know what you think, because I don't find a lot of info about that sort of cleaning.
Please write back,
The Examiner-1 on June 15, 2013:
You are welcome, I just thought that I might mention those. :-)
Susan W (author) from The British Isles, Europe on June 15, 2013:
Thank you for reading and for your excellent feedback. Yes, placing crystals in running water is another way of cleaning them. I shall add that in, placing them in soil is new to me, I have never heard of that one but thanks for the great suggestions! I will be adding them in.
The Examiner-1 on June 14, 2013:
Another interesting Hub. There are a couple of other ways of cleaning the crystals: 1) Placing them in running water; 2) Placing them in soil - even a planter in the house.
Susan W (author) from The British Isles, Europe on June 12, 2013:
Thank you for reading this hub about crystals, Chitrangada. I am so happy that you liked it! It is good that you have the stones I mentioned above because they are the most powerful stones you can find. There is nothing better than keeping a Citrine in your pocket to keep energized!
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on June 11, 2013:
This is a very interesting hub! My husband is very fond of gem stones or semi precious stones and keeps on reading about them and collecting them. So even I have some knowledge about these stones.
I do own the above mentioned ones and your explanation is so true to the fact.
Thanks for sharing!
Susan W (author) from The British Isles, Europe on June 09, 2013:
Thanks for visiting, Marie! Yes, you are right about what you said with the crystals, they are definitely part of healing in this millennium which has already begun. I have reflected on your wonderful comment and it has enlightened me!
Marie Flint from Jacksonville, FL USA on June 08, 2013:
I actually own a small-medium amethyst geode that I keep on my altar (which I need to reconstruct) for focusing the qualities of mercy and forgiveness during my prayers and affirmations.
I study the Teachings of the Ascended Masters, who remind us that the crystal or gem in itself has no power, and we should not place our faith in it as such. What the precious stones do is help us focus the energy of the particular quality with which we associate them. WE, not the stone, are the creators of our reality. It's a little like having a picture of a person with a nice physique on your refrigerator to remind yourself to stick to your diet plan. Gems and crystals are definitely part of healing in the millennium which has already begun. This is a nice hub.
Susan W (author) from The British Isles, Europe on June 08, 2013:
Thanks so much for the great comment, MysticMoonlight! I am so glad you liked it! I will be adding onto this list in the near future so stay tuned!
MysticMoonlight on June 07, 2013:
Lovely Hub :) I love Citrine and Amethyst, they have a slight edge as being my favorites but I love almost all crystals and gemstones! They often have such great energy and I love to just hold them or use them during energy work, meditation, and other means.
Great information here :)