Rebecca loves sharing what she knows about alternative medicine, health, frugal living, fun, animals, and how to live a better life!
Why Cleanse Your Aura?
If you are doing energy work, psychic work, mediumship, or have had a particularly rough day, then cleansing your aura may be beneficial. If you're not mindful of your aura over time it can wear down and wreak havoc on your well-being. Diseases often originate in our auric field—it does not matter if you are a psychic or medium.
What Is an Aura?
Auras are very real, whether you see them or not. They are electromagnetic fields emanating from our physical bodies. Auras are our life force contained in our physical bodies while being on the earth plane. Air exists even when you can't see it with your physical eyes similar to the way auras do. Our physical body has what is often referred to as an etheric double, which extends 2 to 4 cm beyond the physical body. This is a template for the physical body: it has all the organs of the physical body in the energy form as well as meridians (subtle energy channels) and chakras (energy centers). It is like an energetic signature, a true energy imprint.
Every emotion, thought, and action that you experience instantly affects your etheric body (its subtle organs, chakras, and meridians). Etheric bodies must be clean and of high vibration to allow a free flow of life energy/prana through it; the aura should be smooth, dense, and strong—vibrant, clear, and full of vitality. However, this is not easily achieved by the average person. It is common for the aura of a person to be uneven, worn, depleted, and tired. They also often contain cracks or holes, and energy cord attachments.
How Can You Tell When Your Aura Is Not Clean?
The most obvious queue is mood swings. This is especially true after you've spent time with someone (this could be positive or negative) and notice you are behaving like them. You may feel run down and tired for reasons you can't identify. You may have sudden headaches, stomach pains, nausea, or anxiety. Holes also invite sticky negative entities. It is important to repair them. Long-term holes can cause serious illness, chronic fatigue, and disease.
Psychics/sensitives/empaths/and mediums tend to pick up bits of others' energy when working and sometimes are left with lingering effects after reading. Empaths will also notice this, especially when not well grounded. It is helpful to clear your aura to keep your immune system and emotional being healthy.
What Damages the Aura?
- Strong emotions; especially those of low vibration: anger, hate, sadness, regret, despair, blame, greed, envy, and malice.
- Psychological trauma; loss of a loved one, witnessing a terrible event. PTSD.
- Alcohol and drugs, including prescription drugs and medications.
- Unhealthy diet, and a diet of heavy meat consumption.
- Soul exchanging or fragments—this can happen through sex or physical acts with others as well as emotional.
- Physical damage to the body.
- Environmental toxins
- Electromagnetic fields from computers, TVs, cell phones, EMFs, MRIs
- Psychic attacks from people (negative thought forms, insults, cursing, directed anger), intentional or unintentional.
- Heavy spiritual or energy work such as mediumship; channeling; or working with a spirit.
- Being an empath
Basic Aura Cleansing
This type of cleaning is usually done by an energy worker, as you will need help to do it properly, mainly because you will need help to clear the entire space.
Natural healers or those with sensitive hands can find breaks in the aura by scanning it at a distance of 5–15 cm from the body. A hole will be felt like a dent, pit, or energy draft, usually cold. If your hands are not that sensitive you can use a clear quartz crystal or point.
Take the quartz crystal and apply long passes from top to bottom in the front and back, making your way eventually over the entire aura. The movements should be slow, starting at the top of the head and ending at the feet. When finished cleanse the quartz in sea salt water.
You can also clear your own field by smudging your aura.
Read More From Remedygrove
Cleansing Your Aura at Home
You can do this daily, hourly, weekly, or whenever you need. You can pick practices that you feel fit for you. There is no wrong way to do this, and they all work.
- Drink plenty of high-quality water each day. You can add lemon if you need flavor, drink it hot or cold. But drink up. You should typically drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. If you weigh 120 lbs, you should have a minimum of 60 ounces of water each day.
- Meditate two to three times a week at a minimum.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, nicotine, and prescription medications as often as possible.
- Reduce and limit your exposure to electrical gadgets such as TVs, computers, and cell phones, especially before bedtime.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day in nature. Don't forget to take off your shoes!
- Listen to soothing music
- Take 30–45 minute baths in 1–2 cups of sea salt
- Eat healthy greens, grains, beans, and vegetables
- Use infrared lights/lamps/blankets
- Use saunas
- Use Himalayan salt lamps/Ionizers in your home or workspace
- Get into a regular practice of prayer work, grounding, or using mantras
Water, meditation, and bathing are quick ways to cleanse your aura quickly if needed.
Some find it helpful to wear particular stones on a regular basis to keep their personal vibration clean and positive. This is a very simple thing to do, that will keep negative energy from sticking in your field.
Grounding stones are worn around the neck as pendants, in rings, or in earrings—all will do the job nicely. Common stones used for this purpose are black tourmaline, smokey quartz, obsidian, and black onyx. Most stones or crystals that you feel positive about and are drawn to will also work.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on October 09, 2015:
Very nice, interesting and helpful hub! You presented it well . Thank you!
Rebecca (author) from USA on September 23, 2015:
Thank you all! :)
Maren Elizabeth Morgan from Pennsylvania on September 19, 2015:
manatita44 from london on September 17, 2015:
Quite a loving article. I liked it. Much Love.
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on September 17, 2015:
interesting and very helpful Bishop.. a well organized hub too awesome