Christy is an empath and intuitive. She loves to help others discover, grow, and nurture their abilities.
What Are Chakras?
One of the first things that I became really interested in was learning about chakras. The chakras are energy points that are said to be spinning vortexes along the spine and through the top of the head. They are represented by certain colors and symbols. Each chakra represents a certain aspect of the personality and is associated with a part of the body.
Remember back in school when you learned about the light spectrum colors ROYGBIV? Well, the chakras follow the same spectrum, starting at the bottom and going up: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
Red/Root Chakra (Muladhara): This is located at the base of the spine. It represents survival and grounding and is associated with the skeletal structure.
Orange/Sacral Chakra (Svadhishthana): This is located in the lower abdomen. It represents emotions and sexuality and is associated with the sex organs, bladder, and prostate.
Yellow/Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura): This is located in your upper abdomen. It represents personal power/self-will and is associated with the pancreas and digestive system.
Green/Heart Chakra (Anahata): This is located in the center of the chest. It represents love/relationships and is associated with heart, lungs, and circulation.
Blue/Throat Chakra (Vishudda): This is located in the throat. It represents communication/self-expression and is associated with the thyroid, mouth, throat, and ears.
Indigo/Third Eye Chakra (Ajna): This is located in the middle of forehead. It represents intuition/wisdom and is associated with the pituitary gland, eyes, and skull.
Purple/Crown Chakra (Sahasrara): This is located at the top of the head. It represents spirituality and is associated with the pineal gland, upper skull, cerebral cortex, and skin.
Quick Chakra Tune-Up
It is super important to keep your chakras in tune and aligned. So, here is a quick chakra tune-up that you can do to keep your chakras in check.
A few notes before we start the tune-up:
- You will visualize each of your chakras. Choose something to represent them (i.e. gears, flowers, wheels, etc.)
- Chakras spin opposite of each other. For women, the root chakra spins clockwise and then alternates after. For males, the root chakra rotates counterclockwise and then alternates.
Chakra Tune-Up Video
Chakra Tune-Up Instructions
Quick Chakra Tune-Up:
- Lie down or sit up straight (spine needs to be straight).
- Start taking deep breaths.
- Start by visualizing your root chakra. Visualize it slowly starting to turn and glow red.
- As the charka picks up speed, the color will get brighter. Visualize this color shooting up to trigger the next chakra.
- Repeat steps 3-4. Triggering the solar plexus (yellow), heart (green), throat (blue), third eye (indigo), and crown (violet).
- Once you have reached the crown chakra, the violet color will shoot through top of the head.
- Now, visualize the whole chakra system and see all the chakras turning at once.
- If there are any chakras that are “stuck” or not moving in sync with the others, repeat the step for that chakra.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2017 Christy