Nancy has studied the healing effects of stones for the past 20 years. She often goes on digs to find her own stones.
Crystal Healing Properties - What's that?
Crystal Healing has been around since the beginning of time. It is said by many in the healing arts that all crystals have healing properties. Now, there is plenty of information about the lapis lazuli meaning and history. But there are very few websites or articles that actually discuss the crystal healing properties. The remainder of this article explains in detail the many healing properties of lapis and how we can use this information to better our everyday lives.
Crystal Healing Brings it All Together
Healing with the stones or crystals is only one small way of healing, but it is my favorite to discuss. Crystal healing is slow when compared to traditional medicine; while conversely addressing all aspects of the person instead of just the physical ones.
The following information about Lapis healing properties is not meant the replace your doctor’s advice but only to work in conjunction with it. All gemstones have healing properties in general. I have found through my research and experience, that all the metaphysical properties blend together. If you truly think about it, this is the nature of true healing.
How Do Healing Crystals Work?
Let me explain a little further, we are all made up of different energy fields or auras. Auras are 3-dimensional layers starting at our body and expanding outward. Some people have an innate ability to see them but most of us need to be trained to view them. Different theories vary on how far your aura stretches; some say up to five feet others teach three feet. Because the aura is 3-dimensional, it is literally impossible to heal one layer without healing the other six. Since there are no physical borders, the energy all seeps together and does only good. Any good healer knows that they are only the vessel. Why am I explaining this? It illustrates how crystals help us by emitting subtle energies from the earth; therefore, the presence of a stone in slowly give us their energy.
Lapis Lazuli Meaning
Now that you understand Lapis Lazuli healing properties come from the earth in small waves of energy, what are the lapis metaphysical properties and what do they mean? The following list explains the lapis lazuli benefits in greater detail:
Lapis Empowers Thought
1. Lapis amplifies your powers of thought or thinking. As we get older, our brain becomes clouded and so does our process of thinking. In the past, this was just attributed to old age; but now this slower processing of information is linked to toxins in the foods we are eating, prescription and over the counter drugs, and even moderate alcohol consumption. By wearing or carrying Lapis Lazuli anywhere on your body, it is stimulating the higher faculties of the mind bringing greater objectivity and clarity which can lessen or eliminate the clouding effect. You may suddenly be privy to information quicker or know what is going to happen in the future. This is how legitimate mediums know what is going to happen and what allows them to tap into your personal knowledge and circumstances. Placing a Lapis Lazuli stone on your 3rd eye (located between your eyes) along with breathing meditation is said to facilitate this process.
Lapis Lazuli Opens the Throat Chakra
2. Lapis Lazuli is instrumental in opening your throat chakra. The throat chakra is controls our communication center. Our words (written and verbal) show the world, who we really are. Often when we are not being honest with ourselves or others, our throat center becomes clogged. When I wear a Lapis Lazuli necklace, it helps to opens up this center. I recommend it for releasing anger and helping to be more honest and able to speak your mind. It reveals inner truth and encourages self-awareness, thus, allows for self-expression without holding back. It helps you to express your feelings without fear of reprisal, thus eliminates conflict and your perception of it, therefore, taking charge of one’s life.
Lapis helps one in harmonizing the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances. Imbalances in these levels can result in direction or a lack of purpose. Helps you confront the truth whenever you find it and to accept what it teaches you. Even by not standing up for someone when they are correct or not defending a person being bullied aggravates the chakra. Yes, adults are bullied every day in the workplace. It may be anything from making fun of what they wear to or chastising them for trying to please a supervisor. Lapis Lazuli eliminates this whole social phenomenon by allowing only truth to be spoken.
Sleep and Lapis Lazui
3. Sleeping with lapis Lazuli enhances our dream world. Dreams tend to be more vivid, easier to interpret and stay with us throughout the day. Some say an active dream life helps you in to solve problems or place issues in the proper perspective during the day because you have already found a way to work through the issues in your dream state. In the same way sleeping with or wearing a Lapis Lazuli stone allows one to release stress which in turn brings us a feeling of deep peace. This feeling of peace leads to a clear state of mind free of stress.
4. If you are looking to leave the physical world for spiritual growth or to gain knowledge about your situation or journeying, a lapis pendant can help with this process. Holding the your lapis jewelry while in a meditative state may allow this trip to happen, thus stimulating deep personal and spiritual growth. Possessing enormous serenity is the key to spiritual attunement which in turn may alleviate insomnia, help in lowering blood pressure and ease depression.
Protection is One of the Lapis Lazuli Properties
5. Lapis is a protective stone in that it recognizes spiritual attacks. It does this in a different way from most protective stones, by blocking the negative energy and spirit and sending it back to the source. That negative person in the office may just have twice the bad day while you are wearing the stone because all of their bad energy is being reflected back to them and away from you.
Enjoy the Lapis Lazuli in the Video!
Lapis Lazuli Helps you to Defend the Little Guy
6. Lapis reverses curses (negative energy) or diseases caused by not speaking out in the past. Do you feel guilty about not standing up for the ugly kid back in High School? I know I do. Lapis may not be able to change something you did in the past, but you may find yourself defending the underdog in the future. If you tend to be shy and introverted by nature, lapis help you to come out of your shell. Often the fears or feelings of social awkwardness disappear the longer a Lapis Lazuli stone is worn. Be sure and put one in your pocket for your next presentation. It will seemingly go much smoother from your perspective.
Lapis Lazuli and the Power of Words
7. Lapis Lazuli teaches us the power of the spoken and written word. While wearing it, you may notice yourself having better and more honest communication with all those around you. Communication works both ways; you may start to understand your spouse better, thus strengthening your relationship. Your written reports or articles will be more noticed because of your newly found truthfulness or your lessened fears of what others may be saying about you.
Lapis Lazuli and Relationships
8. Lapis Lazuli bonds broken relationships in love allowing us to be more comfortable and honest about our feelings for one another. It dissolves the feelings of martyrdom, cruelty and suffering we often tend to feel in our long-term relationships. It by nature gives us the inner peace to let love in our lives.
Lapis and The Physical Body
9. Lapis stone jewelry has many benefits to the physical body. It benefits the respiratory system being very good for the voice or throat and the larynx. It helps to better balance the thyroid and thymus glands. Wearing Lapis around the neck helps these glands tremendously and can restore balance. Have trouble with hearing loss or balance problems from vertigo? Maybe wearing lapis lazuli earrings can help this. Alleviates pain of migraine headaches.
Lapis Lazuli and Recovery
10. Lapis Lazuli helps those who need surgery recover sooner. It gives the mind and body healing which decreases the time that it takes to bounce back.
Lapis Lazuli and Wealth Abundance
Many people associate Lapis Lazuli with abundance which may mean a gain in monetary increases and plain old being lucky. I personally interpret this as being in the right place at the right time and taking advantage of the opportunity. With that being said, if Lapis Lazuli energies help connect you to said opportunities, then, yes it connects us to wealth and abundance.
Wealth may also be seen in other aspects of your life not connected to having money. It may be manifested in a loving family, a creative soul, or an over all feeling of peace and satisfaction.
In conclusion, the lapis lazuli metaphysical properties work with our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual states to bring us total healing. I know my interpretations may seem simplistic but is intended to be introductory information for all to enjoy. Education is our greatest healer. And always remember, healing for everyone always come in a different package. It is not a one-size-fits-all sort of deal, a lapis lazuli healing for me could mean that I speak up for myself more; but for you, the healing may just lead you a throat specialist. Always be on the lookout for the healing in your life. Did you also realize that healing has the ripple effect on everyone we are in contact with? It is true. Just one act of kindness or healing positively effects all around us and gives them healing.
It is my highest hope that the information in this brings healing in your life. Please feel free to share it with others so they can heal also.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Questions & Answers
Question: I find there is a blue residue on my dad's wrist from wearing lapis lazuli bracelets, what’s this from?
Answer: It may be dye on the stone.
Question: My Lapis Lazuli pendant has Mother of Pearl and Abalone together. I feel it's a wonderful pendant. I am always a very giving person, almost too much, but I find that when I wear it, I am rewarded in different ways. What are your thoughts?
Answer: I believe that wearing any stone will enrich the healing process and therefore, you will reap all of the healing benefits.
Question: Lapis lazuli gives me a very sore neck, why?
Answer: You could be repressing something that you should speak out about, or you are not speaking your mind.
Question: Lapis makes me clumsy, is this possible?
Answer: I do not see why, but if you feel that it does, maybe you should stop wearing it.
Samah Khalil on July 30, 2018:
thank you for the beautiful detailed article.
i'm wearing lapis lazuli necklace for 2 weeks now and noticed a big change in many of the aspects you mentioned, i'm speaking up in my honest opinion more , participate more in my work meeting and say very powerful comments i wouldn't say before. and in facing the past situations again i'm a different person when i react !! i used to be a shy person when someone try to hit on me i may jsut be so weak and try to avoid the situatuation but yestrday i faced a stuation and i was a different strong person who standed for her self .
i'm more courageous and stand even for the other weak people haha
i'm having more vivid dreams
Pakeeza on July 19, 2017:
What about vitiligo and lapis? I am suffering from vitiligo and somebody told me to wear lapis in any form of jewellary. I want to know is it going to recover my vitiligo?
D on March 04, 2017:
3rd and 5th pics are sodalite!
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on February 04, 2017:
That is wonderful to know.
Behnaz1 on January 23, 2017:
Thank you for this truly fascinating beautiful article. Well, I just today started to wear my Lapis pendant. I feel a slight heaviness on my upper chest and throat, as if I want to cry. I am an introvert person that I think my throat chakra is blocked. I hope lapis helps balance my throat chakra.
Thanks a lot
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on December 26, 2016:
I am happy that you enjoyed.
j seshu rao on December 26, 2016:
very very informative and catering to all the properties of lapis lazuli. Thanks for the detailed and usefull information in one place
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on October 04, 2016:
Both stones are good.
Venus Korde on September 26, 2016:
Thanks for replying. Kindly confirm which gemstones are suitable for both if us from the above that i have mentioned. Thanks
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on September 26, 2016:
I don't think it really matters what finger you where it on.
Venus Ankur Korde on September 23, 2016:
My name is Venus Ankur Korde and i am Currently wearing a White Coral (safed Moonga) 8 and half carats..
My husband's name is Ankur Uday Korde he is currently wearing a panna (emerald) 5 carats in right hand last finger in silver....
CAN WE BOTH STILL WEAR THIS STONE AS THE INFORMATION REALLY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. THIS HAS TO WORN IN SILVER RIGHT HAND MIDDLE FINGER RIGHT??? PEASE CONFIRM
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on March 19, 2016:
I know many people prefer them in a raw form, I personally prefer them polished.
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on March 19, 2016:
I will keep that in mind for my next article. Thanks for the feedback.
John on March 12, 2016:
Please advise me, please.
Is Gem lose their utility and energy when the polishing process, do you prefer to wear the stone, a raw, do you prefer to be a stone without refinement?
santosh kumar jain on March 02, 2016:
I want to know about lapis lazily in detail with commercial view and marketing
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on September 26, 2015:
Thank you so much.
Jose Juan Gutierrez from Mexico City on September 26, 2015:
It´s an interesting hub. I learned something today!
Sid Kemp from Boca Raton, Florida (near Miami and Palm Beach) on May 09, 2013:
Thanks - your article puts things together for me. I've worked with crystal healing for a long time, but never thought of using lapis. I've always connected it with its Biblical history and bright color. But the moment you said that "Lapis Empowers Thinking," that felt totally right to me.
If I may ask a question: I'm a bit confused by the title and content of #2, Lapis Opens the Third Eye Chakra. As I understand it, the 3rd eye chakra is between the eyebrows, and is the sixth chakra. But the content under #2 is about the throat chakra, at the base of the throat, the fifth chakra. Am I missing something? (Thanks in advance for your help.)
Also, I'm headed for dental surgery next month. So I want to get some lapis to help with dreamwork and surgical recovery. Do you have an online source that you recommend?
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on February 02, 2013:
@DDE I am so glad that you enjoyed.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on February 02, 2013:
Incredible and so well explained, such a lovely stone with a healing process thanks
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on December 09, 2012:
@ midget38 I love my stones.
Michelle Liew from Singapore on December 08, 2012:
Again, another beautiful stone that helps us to focus, in addition to having great benefits to our health! Thanks for sharing, and I share too!
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on November 09, 2012:
@ignugent17 Thanks for stopping by.
ignugent17 on November 08, 2012:
Very interesting topic. I heard about crystals that can heal some sickness . This is my first time to hear this kind of crystal.
Thanks for sharing this kind of information.
Voted up and more. :-)
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on October 25, 2012:
@Kosmo. Cool. I love the look and feel of Lapis also. Never said it had a scientific basis. Hope you enjoyed.
Kelley Marks from Sacramento, California on October 24, 2012:
I really enjoy the look and feel of lapis and also the way it's been used throughout history, particularly by civilizations such as that of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. But attaching a metaphysical significance to a simple stone has no scientific basis whatsoever. Sorry. I'm a scientist - you gotta show me. Later!
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on July 20, 2012:
Lapis is very powerful. So glad that you enjoyed.
Jenny Stub from Missouri, US on July 20, 2012:
Wow this is very detailed! I didn't really know much about Lapis Lazuli but it sounds like an incredibly powerful source of energy. It's really amazing voted up!
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on July 13, 2012:
I am so glad that you enjoyed my hub. Thanks for stopping by.
snowdrops from The Second Star to the Right on July 01, 2012:
I really like your hub, i love looking at those precious blue stones. I never really read about Lapis Lazuli, thanks for this!
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on June 11, 2012:
Thanks Olde Cashmere. Your feedback means a lot to me.
Olde Cashmere on June 09, 2012:
Thanks for this extremely well written and informative hub on this fascinating stone. You went over the details and properties so beautifully. Great job Lipnancy, voted up, awesome, useful, and interesting ;)
Nancy Yager (author) from Hamburg, New York on June 04, 2012:
Thank for all your praises. @Kelsie I use The Crystal Bible by Hall. It will give you the basic properties and then I like to interpret and write at a level in which everyone can understand. Lapis you are more likely to find in a gift shop. And like I said above I did find that one in the first picture in Hiddenite North Carolina. I also wish I had one useful source to write all my hubs from but I do not.
KelsieGriggs from Provo Utah on June 03, 2012:
I love this hub! Thank you Kitty for sharing and thank you lipnancy for sharing this knowledge. I have thyroid issues so that of course caught my eye but I like how you presented the information so I enjoyed all of the information. I am interested in learning how I can identify these stones in nature because I feel these contain the better energies. Are these stones common? Are we limited in finding them? Are we better off ordering them and if so do you know of a good shop? I would love to see more articles like this because I have found stones are more difficult to identify than say plants. Do you have any suggestions on a good old fashioned paper book that contains information to identify stones? I tend to find only partial information and it would be awesome to have all that information collectively in a book. I will definitely check out your other hubs and I look forward to more enjoyable reads like this thank you for this useful hub!
Kena Bladel on May 30, 2012:
Thank you soo much, i really want to row spiritualy...
OldWitchcraft from The Atmosphere on May 29, 2012:
I am wearing 4 stands of it now and I have a long string that is a necklace/meditation beads, in which the stones are very large. I do sleep with it and I have vivid dreams, but then I always do, anyway.
It is a very good stone for healers. The blue color helps stabilize the energy.
Voted up and accolades.
Kitty Fields from Summerland on May 29, 2012:
I have a lapis lazuli and LOVE it! I don't use crystals for healing so much as I use them just for energetic properties. I just carried a citrine in my pocket today for confidence and creativity. Awesome hub. Voted up and shared!