Welcome to RemedyGrove! We are a community of enthusiastic individuals fascinated by the many ways alternative medicine benefits the mind, body, and spirit. At RemedyGrove, we celebrate both personal and professional storytelling, so whether you meditate in motion with tai chi, relieve the common cold with home remedies, or repair physical and spiritual disharmony as a licensed practitioner, we invite you to step on stage. We’re all about topics ranging from traditional medicine dating back several millennia to current emerging methods of healing, so join us and explore!
Our mission here at RemedyGrove is to protect and inform the public on tools for healing through expertise. We encourage readers to research and discuss choices with a licensed professional before proceeding with a course of treatment. Our community advice does not in any way substitute for proper diagnosis, prognosis, prescriptions for, or treatment of health conditions by a licensed professional.
To write for RemedyGrove, authors must comply with the HubPages.com editorial policy. We recognize that our readers might consult RemedyGrove for decisions that potentially impact their health. We consider these YMYL (Your Money or Your Life) topics and for this reason, we hold our content to even higher standards than our general editorial policy.
How Do I Demonstrate Credibility?
Authors demonstrate credibility in a number of ways. If your content is a YMYL (Your Money or Your Life), i.e. health content, you must meet the following benchmarks to be on RemedyGrove:
- Professional experience: Are you a certified practitioner of alternative medicine? We would love for you to share aspects of your practice and professional experience.
- Personal experience: Do you have personal experience with a specific natural medicine, holistic living, or methods of self-improvement? Share your unique story.
- Citing your sources: If you do not have personal or professional experience, but would like to write on these topics, demonstrate credibility with research and proper source citations.
How Do I Build Reader Trust?
Because your content can potentially impact your reader’s health, it is important to establish trust from the start of your article. There are three easy features that appear at the very beginning of your article that will help you do just that:
- Author bio: Nothing builds trust like an author bio. Say something about who you are, what you do—and most importantly—whether you have any personal or professional experience with your topic. (Note: The About the Author Bio is different from the author profile you might already have created on HubPages.)
- Author photo: We’d love to see a picture of you. Build reader trust by including a personable photograph of yourself.
- Use your real name: Using your real name (or a pen name), rather than a moniker, will help establish a name to the face behind the writing.
Tips for Crafting High-Quality Articles for RemedyGrove:
- Verified personal experience: Make it relatable and trustworthy. Articles can be written from all levels of experience. From the perspective of a beginning yoga student, to an expert in Ayurveda, your story is important to our community.
- Original photography: Personal photographs are much more moving than stock photos. We do encourage you to provide your own photographic art.
- Diagrams: Diagrams depicting techniques of the healing arts are a great way to reinforce and illustrate your content. Please make sure your diagrams are clear and easy to read.
What to Avoid:
- Blogging: While your friends and family may be curious to know about your daily happenings, we encourage stories that capture an experience in time or delve into the depth of a subject as opposed to stylized blog writing.
- Health claims: Advice on RemedyGrove does not substitute for medical advice. Practicing medicine or suggesting the practice of medicine without a license and practitioner-client relationship is in violation of our editorial policy.
- Detached promotion: Avoid detached promotion by telling us specifically why you love a product or book. If you include a product capsule in your article, we want to know about your personal experience with that product.
Here are some examples of articles on RemedyGrove that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
- Leaf of Life: Where it Grows and How to Use It
- How to Perform a Sage Cleanse
- How to Pop a Dental Abscess (and Why Not To)
- Are you Taking your Probiotics Correctly? I Wasn't!
- 10 Healing Crystals and Stones to Ease Stress and Anxiety
A quick note: All of the network sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for RemedyGrove, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our network sites like RemedyGrove.