How to Fade Dark Scars on Legs
How to Fade Dark Scars on Legs
I spent a lot of time finding the best way to fade dark scars on my legs. I used to be the jeans/pants type of girl. That is mostly because I couldn’t fathom the idea of wearing short pants or skirts and showing my scarred legs in the process.
My scars are mostly dark marks. They were caused by a severe case of skin allergies from when I was younger. Now, I really regret the days when I didn’t go the extra mile to take care of my skin. Since showing a bit of skin is the trend, and I enjoy the look and feel as well, I had to look for various ways to fade those dark scars on my legs.
In this article, you'll learn a couple of my secrets on how to fade dark scars on legs or scars on any part of your body for that matter. Good luck!
1. Lemon Juice
I am pretty sure you have already read this tip somewhere. If you haven't tried it yet, do so. It really works! The key to using lemon juice is how and how often you apply it.
- First, wash your legs first to get rid of any lingering skin products. Pat your skin dry with a cotton towel. Cut one lemon wedge. This should be enough to treat the scarred area.
- Apply the juice gently on the dark scar and use a circular motion when rubbing. Make sure you rub it for at least 30 seconds to allow the citrus juice to penetrate deeper into your skin.
- Leave it on your skin for an hour before washing it off.
If you have really dark scars on your legs, I would suggest using this method three times a day for faster results. I used it for three times a day, and I saw results in just two months.
2. Apply a Chinese Whitening Cream
After employing the lemon juice method mentioned above, you should immediately apply a Chinese whitening cream.
What is a Chinese whitening cream? You can find them at any Asian goods or grocery store. They work the best. I've been looking for an effective whitening cream on the market for a while and it wasn't until after spending hundreds of dollars on expensive products that I decided to try the Chinese kind.
Where I live, using Chinese whitening creams is really popular. They work. They instantly lighten up your skin. I decided to try these products out on my scars as well.
- So, if you can find a Chinese drugstore near you, go ahead and check out the whitening creams Chin Chun Su or Top Gel. These are the best brands. They work like magic.
- Apply them right after washing the lemon juice off your skin. Make sure you rub the product gently on your dermis to allow it to penetrate deeper.
3. Don’t Expose Your Legs
In the meantime, don't expose your legs. While you are still in the process of fading those dark scars on your legs, you might want to keep them hidden. Stick to jeans and pants when going out. Wear long pants or pajamas at home. This will help prevent light exposure. It will also keep your legs protected from insect bites.
Just continuously use these tips until you fade dark scars on legs. Just be patient and you can get great results—I did! Good luck!
Research Your Products
Always research products that claim to change pigmentation and consult a qualified medical professional to avoid using any potentially harmful ingredients.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.