Dhannyya is experienced in using home remedies for common ailments.
Stomach Worms in Adults
Even though it is children who are more vulnerable to stomach worms or intestinal worms, adults do also get affected by worms. Having undercooked meat or drinking polluted water can cause intestinal worm infection in adults. Consuming uncooked vegetables and fruits without washing properly, can also cause stomach worm problem in adults. Symptoms of intestinal worms differ in adults, however.
Symptoms of Intestinal Worms in Adults
Adults with stomach worms may experience weight loss, bad breath, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, sleeplessness, vomiting, heavy appetite, nightmares, headaches, and dark circles under eyes. We adults often do not understand that stomach worms are causing these problems. It is better to have some home remedies if you doubt that you have stomach worm infection.
Home Remedies for Stomach Worms in Adults
- Garlic is the most effective remedy for intestinal worms in adults. Garlic should be eaten raw for better results. Eat garlic with rice, bread, or any other food. Eating a few cloves of garlic early morning for few days would help you get rid of stomach worms. Garlic would make the environment difficult for worms, and would slowly eliminate them.
- Asafetida is another remedy for stomach worms. Have asafetida on an empty stomach. Mix it with warm water and take it. If you are using asafetida powder, take a half teaspoon in warm water. This is very effective. Use asafetida in vegetable dishes and pickles.
- Eating carrots for breakfast helps eliminate worm infections. Eat grated carrot alone for breakfast for a few days. Do not have tea or other food items other than carrots for breakfast. Continue this for a few days. Stomach worms should wash out of your body.
- Pineapple juice taken early in the morning on an empty stomach can prevent stomach worms. Take pineapple juice for 10 days. Intestinal worms should be eliminated.
- Eat pumpkin with seeds for breakfast. It can be eaten raw or cooked. It is more effective if eaten raw. Have this for breakfast (do not eat other foods) for 3 to 4 days. Stomach worms should be expelled from the body.
- Drinking boiled water with salt would also help you get rid of intestinal worms. Put half a teaspoon of salt into boiled water and have it early morning for seven days. Have breakfast only after two hours of drinking this water. This would destroy intestinal worms in your body.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
anand on March 16, 2015:
what is the reason for eye twitching.
anand on March 16, 2015:
Thanks for information
priyanka on January 26, 2014:
Its really a very excilent tips and also very easy to apply i always take a tablets in every 6 months for stomuch worms but nw i try these tips .. Tnkx for the easy tips.
mala on February 09, 2013:
do stomach worms cause abnormal eating habbit ;ole over eating and consuming extra carbs and sugar also many food craving
raghav on January 01, 2013:
thanks to save my life from worms very important information thanks u a lotttttttt :)
Read More From Remedygrove
LORETTA on November 28, 2012:
Interesting article and very informative. Thank you so much.
dhannyya (author) on November 07, 2012:
no..stomach worms wont cause bloating
Clara on November 01, 2012:
Does intestinal/ stomach worms cause bloating after meals?
sai on September 25, 2012:
thanks a lot its really useful
sunflower on September 01, 2012:
Helo..would just like to know how do they exit the body after using garlic?please
Nik on July 30, 2012:
Great Article, nice tips which are easy to follow.
dhannyya (author) on June 06, 2012:
thanks dmop..happy that you found the information useful
dmop from Cambridge City, IN on June 06, 2012:
Good information, I especially like the home remedies, as I don't go to traditional doctors. Voted up and useful.
dhannyya (author) on May 31, 2012:
thank you Johnakc for your comment
johnakc from New Delhi on May 31, 2012:
Very nice and informative article..