Organic India Tulsi Green Tea - A Review
Organic India Tulsi Green Tea
I Drink Two Cups Every Day
I have been drinking Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea for a few years now. I drink two cups a day, one in the morning and the other at night, just before I go to sleep.
After being a regular drinker of this brand of tea for so many years, I have found that it has benefited me in more ways than one. A brief summary of the benefits that have I have experienced are:
- More alertness and less fatigue.
- Improvement in stamina.
- Improvement in digestive function.
- No incidence of respiratory problems like cough, colds, etc., even in extreme winter.
- No health issues.
Tulsi Green Tea Leaves
About Tulsi and Green Tea
Tulsi has been revered in India for over 5,000 years as a healing spice for the body, mind, and spirit. It is associated with a remarkable heritage of restorative powers and stress-relieving properties.
Some of the benefits of Tulsi are:
- Reduces stress and helps to relax
- Boosts stamina and keeps one going
- Fights illnesses like cough, colds, etc., lowers fever
- Reduces cholesterol
- Eliminates toxins and supports the liver
- Protects against radiation
- Regulates blood pressure and blood sugar; supports the blood vessels and heart
- Strengthens immunity
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves digestion and metabolism
About Green Tea
One of the least-processed of all tea varieties is green tea, and it therefore possesses the maximum antioxidant polyphenols among all varieties of tea.
Some of the benefits of green tea are:
- Rich in catechin polyphenols especially epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which inhibits cancer cell growth, prevents abnormal blood clotting.
- Antibacterial, prevents tooth decay, food poisoning, etc.
- Reduces cholesterol and prevents heart disease.
- Improves immunity.
- Burns fat.
- Anti-aging benefits.
A Refreshing Cup of Tulsi Green Tea
Why I Choose Organic India Tulsi Green Tea
The above-mentioned benefits of tulsi and green tea can be had by buying any good brand of these teas. My reasons for choosing Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea are:
- A global leader in organic foods and health products.
- Certified organic - a sure way to trust that the purchase is pure, safe, and uncontaminated.
- Tested to guarantee that the products are free from all toxins.
- Premium quality tea blend.
- Promotes sustainable organic agriculture and protects the natural ecosystem.
- Supports thousands of marginal farmers and tribal wild crafters in rural India.
- This amazing combination refreshes, energizes and tastes wonderful.
Organic India's Tulsi Green Tea is a combination of tulsi and green tea that promotes healthy metabolism which is vital to weight management and can help in reducing weight.
Both Tulsi and green tea are rich in antioxidants which eliminate damaging free radicals in the body and have a vast array of remarkable benefits some of which have been outlined above.
Are There Any Cons?
The only cons of green tea is that it contains caffeine—but it has only 30-60 mg caffeine in 180 to 240 ml tea, as compared to over 100 mg caffeine in 240 ml of coffee. That isn't much caffeine.
No side effects have been reported. However those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or attempting to conceive should consult their healthcare practitioner before starting this health routine.
For Hot Tea
Put 1 tsp tea in a cup (120 ml). Pour boiling water directly on the leaves. cover and infuse for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add sweetener, if desired. I add a tsp of honey for added benefit and flavor.
Strain and serve without adding milk.
For Iced Tea
After straining the tea in the above case, let it cool for 15 -20 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Add icecubes and some drops of lemon juice to enhance the taste.
For Tea Bags
Use 1 tea bag in a cup of hot water. Infuse for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add sweetener if desired.
Serve without milk.
I feel that drinking this tea has benefited my health, and I would highly recommend it for those who have no major health issues.
However, to be on the safe side, do consult your doctor or healthcare provider before incorporating this tea into your daily diet.
Again, I want to stress that this is an independent review, not sponsored in any way by Organic India. I was inspired to write this article because I wanted to share the benefits I have experienced as a result of drinking this tea.
Benefits Of Tulsi (HolyBasil)
Benefits Of Green Tea
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.