I have been using essential oils and aromatherapy to improve my health, immunity, and emotional well-being for years.
Busting the Myth That Essential Oils Break the Bank
When I first started using essential oils, like many, I was completely overwhelmed by the number of oils available and the price of certain types. Money was tight when I began my essential oil journey, so I began looking into which oils were the cheapest and how to stretch my dollar the most while receiving a great aromatherapy experience. It did not take me long to see that there were plenty of high-quality oils that I could buy for less than 20 dollars a bottle and a variety of blends I could use with these oils.
My criteria for deciding which oils to include in this article were oils that the company Doterra sold for under $20 without their reduced membership price. Throughout my research of companies that sell high-quality essential oils, Doterra is the most expensive company that I recommend. Since they are the most expensive, it is a safe bet that if they are selling bottles of certain oils for under 20 dollars, other companies (Plant Therapy, Rocky Mountain Oils, Healing Solutions, etc.) will sell these same oils for about the same price of less.
Now, let's discover the most economical essential oils, their uses and how to blend these oils.
1. Blends for Respiratory Support
Some of the most economical oils are also great oils to use to support respiratory health. These oils include rosemary, eucalyptus, cedarwood, lemon, clove, lemongrass and lime. These oils can be diffused individually, or blended together. Some of my favorite blends include:
- 4 drops lime, 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops rosemary
- 4 drops lime, 2 drops rosemary
- 4 drops lemongrass, 2 drops eucalyptus
- 4 drops eucalyptus, 3 drops lemongrass, 3 drops lemon
- 5 drops cedarwood, 4 drops lemon, 2 drops rosemary
2. Blends For Relaxation
The most economical essential oils for relaxation, include orange, cedarwood and clove. These oils can be diffused individually, or blended. Some of my favorite blends involving these oils include:
- 4 drops orange, 2 drops clove
- 4 drops orange, 2 drops cedarwood
- 5 drops orange, 2 drops cedarwood, 1 drop clove
3. Blends for Energy and Focus
Many of the most economical essential oils are also some of the best oils to use to promote energy and focus. These oils include lemongrass, lemon, orange, lime, rosemary and tangerine. Like above, these oils can be diffused individually or blended with other oils. My favorite blends include:
- 4 drops lemongrass, 2 drops rosemary
- 4 drops lemon, 2 drops rosemary
- 2 drops orange, 2 drops lime, 2 drops tangerine
- 2 drops lime, 2 drops lemon, 2 drops tangerine, 2 drops rosemary
- 3 drops tangerine, 3 drops orange
- 5 drops lemongrass, 2 drops orange
- 3 drops lime, 3 drops tangerine, 2 drops lemongrass
Where I Purchase My Oils
- Essential Oils | Buy & Learn about Essential Oils | Plant Therapy®
This company offers oils at an affordable price. Many of the essential oils mentioned can be found for less than $10 for a 10 ml bottle. This is a great choice for those starting as they are very descriptive about their products and their uses.
- Essential Oil Diffusers Explained: Reviews of the Best Essential Oil Diffusers on Amazon
Want to learn more about essential oil diffusers? This article explains the different types of essential oil diffusers and reviews some of the most popular diffusers sold on Amazon.
- Essential Oils on a Budget: Using Rewards Programs to Get High-Quality Essential Oils for Less
Want to learn more about the reward programs that Plant Therapy and Doterra offer? Read my article where I explain the benefits of both to stretch your dollar even further with these two great companies.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.