13 Ways to Stay Creative
I've seen a lot of people complain about not being creative and then not doing the work they love to do or want to do. They just give up on their life just because they think they don't have the brains, don't have the inspiration or are not better than anyone.
However, ladies and gentlemen, your thinking is wrong. We all are creative. Creativity is hidden inside us like pearls. It's under our skin. All we gotta do is find it. It'll take some time and patience, but trust me, once you find your creativity, you will be unstoppable. You'll feel more alive, more animated and you'll be able to crush whatever fears you may have.
The creative adult is the child who survived.— U.LeGuin
1. Get out of your house. Inspiration begins by looking at your surroundings. If you don't go out, how can you get inspired? How can you meet creative people? How can you fight your fears? Someday you have to leave your bed, right? You can't expect creativity to knock on your door as if it was your favorite pizza.
2. Socialize. Socializing is a great way to attain creativity. The more you talk to people, the more knowledge you have about their careers, their likes and dislikes, their schedules and stuff, the more you'll understand what you want to do, or be and how you want your life to turn out. It's okay to talk about yourself. Sometimes a little bragging goes a long way.
3. Break the rules. You don't always need to wake up at 6 am or eat lunch at exactly 2 pm (or work out at exactly 5 pm and then sleep at 10 pm). No, from time to time, your life needs a little change. Even the slightest change can help you think creatively. You can't bore yourself and your mind. Don't lock your soul in the prison. It's no fun. Why don't you try going for a long drive? Or eating a late night snack or even enjoying a movie night with your family and friends till 3 am?
4. Watch films. Watching films with good plots is a great way to get inspired. The fun thing is that you can enjoy the movie while gaining knowledge and creativity, so it's a total win-win and no one can complain.
5. Visit museums, art galleries, parks, etc. Art speaks to many of us, and art is also one way you can get easily motivated. Visiting art gala's, museums and cafes is a great way to kick-start your imagination. Because these places are filled with so many emotions, it's hard not to get a bit emotional.
The chief enemy of creativity is good sense.— Pablo Picasso
6. Naps. Naps help your body recover and relax your mind. Consequently, a relaxed mind works more actively than an exhausted mind. So, I suggest that you leave your phone/laptop right on the table and go and sleep for a few minutes or maybe just close your eyes because you need to cool your head darling. You can't let it heat up and get all mushy. No, you need to keep it nice and cool. You don't like melted chocolates, right? So how can you let your mind melt away? (Hah, wasn't that funny? No...?)
7. Distract yourself from distractions. Stop using Instagram or scrolling through Pinterest or Facebook, and go and grab a pen and a notebook! Social media is the biggest distraction and because of it, we become procrastinators. I know, it's addicting, watching Vlogs on Youtube is too, but if you need to become creative, you need to stop wasting time and do something productive—like writing or drawing/doodling something. Or even writing a few lines of poetry. Just get away from the screen and look at lines and blank pages for a while.
8. Love what you do. If you don't love what you do, how can you expect to continue doing it? How can you expect others to love it as well? It's as simple as that.
9. Meditate. Once again, meditating is a good way to spark your creativity. It relaxes your mind and body and it'll greatly help you in taking a moment and knowing what you have to do today.
10. Be curious. Curiosity kills, I know, but it can also be an advantage if you're looking for some inspiration. The more curious you're about something, the more research you tend to do about it. And the more you research about something, the greater your mission to accomplish that mission gets.
Creativity is intelligence having fun.— Albert Einstein
11. Be challenged. Challenging yourself at the start of doing something can make you feel powerful! It can give you the motivation and courage and it'll help you survive until you finally achieve your dreams and goals. Don't look down upon yourself. You're stronger than you think.
12. Let it go. Let go of your fears because fear is just another word for coward. Let it go and don't you dare call it back, you understand?
13. Keep a diary. Many people say this out of experience and I think you should try it too. Keep a diary and note down everything you feel, you hear, you think, you see and when you've done that, keep it aside for a while and read it again when your creative mind betrays you for the day.
These are a few tips that'll help you to stay creative. However, don't force yourself, okay? Everything takes time. Sometimes the pieces won't fit in the right place, but to know where it really fits, you need to assemble the other pieces first, right?
Don't worry. Don't give up and don't procrastinate my lovely neighbors.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Aaliyah S