Born in London, I currently live and work in Accra, Ghana. I am a writer and creative entrepreneur.
Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your handbrake on.
— Maxwell Maltz
Life can feel pretty drab when you have low self-esteem; this is why it is important to try and nip low self-esteem in the bud. I have compiled a list of 20 powerful quotes to boost your self-esteem. Pick a few, read them daily, assimilate, learn, grow, and cultivate happiness.
1. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” - Buddha
2. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” - Mark Twain
3. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” - Coco Chanel
4. “Self-respect, self-worth, and self-love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for value." - Anonymous
5. “Don't forget to wear your invisible crown.” - Jane Travis
6. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.” - Dan Coppersmith
7. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” - Parker Palmer
8. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” - Andrew Matthews
9. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance." - Oscar Wilde
10. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” - Diane Von Furstenberg
How to Boost Your Self-Esteem
11. “If you don't see your worth, you will always choose people who don't see it either. When your self-esteem rises, your life follows.” - Mandy Hale
12. “What a man thinks of himself, that is what determines, or rather indicates his fate.” - Henry David Thoreau
13. "Love yourself. Respect yourself. Never sell yourself short. Believe in yourself regardless of what people think. You can accomplish anything, absolutely anything, if you set your mind to it.” - Marcus Allen
14. “Love yourself from the very depths of your soul, no compromise." - Anonymous
15. “Self-belief, self-love is your greatest tool in life.” - Richard Michaelson
16. "You can boost your self-esteem in a heartbeat. Just say I love you, to yourself.” - Laura Windsor
17. "All the wonders you seek are within yourself." - Thomas Browne
18. "Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be—because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice
19. “While we are indifferent to our good qualities, we keep on deceiving ourselves in regard to our faults, until we come to look on them as virtues.” - Heinrich Heine
20. “You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are!" - Eckhart Tolle
Go ahead, boost your self-esteem, get happy, and change your world by changing your thoughts. Inspirational quotes are excellent for giving you that quick pick-me-up. Pick a few of the quotes listed in this article, and feel your confidence soar!
Bonus: Self-Esteem Boosting Corners of the Web
- The Positivity Blog
- Sarah Rose Coaching Blog
- Tiny Buddha
- Gala Darling Blog
- High Existence
- In Pursuit of Happiness
Ana Lee on October 22, 2018:
Great quotes to read when feeling down. Thank you.
Audrey Hunt from Idyllwild Ca. on April 26, 2017:
We all need to be reminded of the treasure we truly are. These 20 quotes are powerful. I love Maxwell Maltz quote in reference to self esteem and putting on the hand brakes.
Number 10 is one of my favorites on the list. I'll be reviewing these inspiring quotes often and sharing as well.