Sarah is a certified Hatha, Vinyasa, & Kundalini yoga teacher. She is an artist who believes in the importance of living a creative life.
Think a New Thought, Create a New Reality
Perhaps you have heard the idea "change your thoughts and change your reality." Everything we experience is a direct reflection of what is inside of us. In order to create what you want, you have to first let go of the thoughts and beliefs that block the manifestations you want to see in your life. When it comes to financial freedom, many people hold beliefs that are rooted in limitations and lack. Take a moment to consider your current thoughts about money and financial abundance. The good news is that you are in control of your own thoughts. By practicing new ways of thinking, you can change the relationship you have with money and secure your financial freedom.
Practice using language that reflects the thoughts and beliefs that you want to hold about money. Make a list by choosing the phrases below that excite you inside. Add a few of your own, or adjust any here to be in your own words. Notice that everything is in the present tense, this is because you want to train your mind to know that abundance is here and now, not in the far-off future. Abundance is a state of mind; tap into it now!
“Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce—to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That’s true financial independence. It’s not having wealth; it’s having the power to produce wealth.” –Stephen Covey
Changing the Way You Think About Money
The first step to changing your beliefs about money is changing the way you think about it. Having a mentality rooted in abundance and self-worthiness will provide the foundation for your financial success in physical reality.
- Money flows to me from multiple sources.
- My income is increasing every day.
- I always have more than enough money to meet all of my needs and fulfill my deepest desires.
- Financial abundance is all around me, and I can tap into it at any time.
- Money works for me in joyful and surprising ways.
- New streams of income are always opening up to me.
- I see money as a river, continuously flowing to me.
- I receive money in expected and unexpected ways.
- Making money is fun and effortless.
"I Am" Statements
"I am" statements are very powerful because oftentimes what blocks or limits prosperity is not our belief about money itself, but the beliefs we hold about ourselves. Notice how these statements feel in your body. Allow yourself to sit or stand up tall as you go through each affirmation. Practice using these self-affirming statements to change your relationship to both financial abundance and yourself.
- I am deserving all the money I have, and all the money that is on its way to me now.
- I am brimming with ideas to increase my income and grow my financial freedom.
- I am grateful for all of the money I have and will receive this month.
- I am generous with my money, I always have more than enough money for myself and others.
- I am open to receiving money from others.
- I am creative with the ways I use my money.
- I am responsible with large sums of money.
- I am admired for the ways I utilize my financial freedom.
Considering the ways you will use your financial freedom will help ground your thoughts into reality and give real-life context for your goals.
“More important than the how we achieve financial freedom, is the why. Find your reasons why you want to be free and wealthy.” –Robert Kiyosaki
- I use my money in creative ways that bring joy to me and my loved ones.
- I pay all of my bills quickly and easily, with gratitude for the services I have received.
- I invest money into the causes and projects that I want to see flourish in the world, and in turn, receive even more abundance into my life.
- I give money freely to those in need, and I feel good about the positive impact I am making in the lives of others.
- I spend my money in sustainable ways that contribute to the health and well-being of the environment and all life on the planet.
- I allow myself to experience more of the world with my financial freedom.
“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” –Henry David Thoreau
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.