I love reading and writing. I came to writing late in life and discovered a world where I feel like a fish in the water.
Many of us get stuck in our thoughts at times. The way to deal with unwanted thoughts is to stop them from lingering longer than necessary. The sooner you can free yourself from unwelcomed thoughts, the better you will feel. The best way to know what may be blocking you is to listen to your heart[i].
Often, we are so stuck in what is going on in our heads that we forget about our emotional nature. That can stop us in our tracks without even knowing about it.
Listen With Your Heart
Listening with your heart simply means giving something your full attention (time and space), and allowing the message to be expressed, acknowledged, heard, and understood.
1) Let go of the past as you cannot change it.
- Disengage yourself from past hurtful emotions and the power of memories.
- Stop identifying with your emotions as if they are your true self.
- Accept change and turn it into an opportunity by taking control of your life.
- Learn methods to cope with stress and anxiety that change brings into your life.
- Establish new boundaries and honor them.
2) Take a close look at your previous successes. Remind yourself of what brought you joy and passion before.
3) Get to know yourself well. Stop criticizing your thoughts and judging them. Instead, listen with your heart and immerse yourself in feelings of gratitude and acceptance.
Write daily in a gratitude journal, or think every night of 5 to 10 things for which you are grateful however small you think they are.
4) Create a destination with soul. Re-ignite your passion inside. Strengthen your personal foundation. Establish boundaries and standards.
5) Enjoy the journey. Overcome your fears. Practice self-care. Develop better daily habits.
Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow.
— Helen Keller
7 Ways to Create What You Want
Natalie Ledwell, an inspirational author, was one of the speakers at the Earthkeepers Summit 2020. In her presentation on December 23rd, she listed six ways to achieve what you want.
1) Be in a happy place and act from a high level of consciousness.
Like attracts the like. Things with similar energy levels are drawn to each other. Two people vibrating at the same frequency are pulled towards each other. This means that positive thinking can help you attract good things in your life.
Everything is a matter of energy. You gain from resonating at the same frequency of what you want.
Put yourself into a higher frequency on a regular basis. This way, things will work out for you even if you do not know what you want.
Higher frequency means joy, gratitude, courage, pride, and contentment. Being grateful is basic but important. Actions are not enough, emotions and how we feel at the time are equally important.
Do at least a couple of things each day that help you be in a high frequency. Set up a list of things to do when you feel under pressure, stressed or anxious. On such days, pick up one or two things from your list and do them to make you feel better.
2) Stating Your Intention
Say or write what you want and why you want it. Do this for a week at least. You can start by wishing something and saying “this enables me to …”
3) Be Clear About What You Really Want
Write or say what you want as an affirmation, as if the reality you want is happening now. Say it or write it in present tense and use the right positive language. For instance, say “I am financially free” instead of “I am financially debt-free”.
After careful thought, write:
- What you want as if it is happening now.
- What life looks like when you get what you want.
- Why you are going outside your comfort zone to get what you want.
- How it benefits the people you serve, the people you love.
- How it improves your relationships.
- How it benefits you.
Action these affirmations by incorporating and integrating them into your daily life.
5) Change the way you think
You change to become the person you want to be by changing the way you think. For instance, imagine and try to see how healthy or wealthy people think and live.
Transform outdated mental programs and beliefs that you gathered over the years. When you become aware that you are having negative thoughts, write them down because you need to get them out of your head. Choose what you want to think and write positive affirmations to neutralize these thoughts. Keep in mind your new affirmations and read or recite them daily.
Visualize the future you want. Choose a moment and use your senses to make it real. Trick your subconscious mind to think what you wish for is your reality.
Take the right action to lead you where you want to be.
By visualizing on a regular basis, you create new beliefs. Your thoughts, actions, and emotions become aligned. When you are in alignment, you make things happen.
Visualizing does not have to be limited to meditation; you can visualize at any time you are doing anything. The more you visualize and daydream with intention, the more you can program your mind to help you achieve what you want.
- Give time for your visualizations to feel normal and produce results.
- Focus on your long-term realistic goals.
- Create a vision board to remind you of the life you want.
- Think in the affirmative about your goals.
- Think about what you want from your own perspective.
Any action in the right frame of mind is the right action.
Trust that the universe has your back. Once you have applied the steps above, know that what is going to happen will happen the way it is meant to.
If you want to know if something is for your highest good, put yourself in a high state of consciousness and find out what it means.
[i] Barton Goldsmith Ph.D. “How To Really Listen To Your Heart.”
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Liliane Najm (author) from Toronto, Canada on January 13, 2021:
I’m glad you found my little article useful.. All the best.
Cynthia Zirkwitz from Vancouver Island, Canada on January 13, 2021:
Wow --this is a lovely instructive little article and one i will share with my Hygge group on FB. Thank you!