Ms. Riley has been working with the LOA and other self improvement techniques for the past decade. Each one brings new surprises and insight
What Are Emotion Codes?
The Emotion Code is a guide that an individual can use to release emotions that become trapped inside the body. These feelings are locked up by the subconscious mind, so you are probably not even aware of a majority of them. It may seem like a foreign concept at first, but the more you study the program, the more it seems plausible.
The system was developed over time by a chiropractor, Dr. Bradley Nelson. Some of the key points are it can be done by anyone, you don’t need a doctor or even another person and it can be used to resolve a variety of issues.
In a nutshell, you ask your subconscious mind, which is aware of millions of bits of information, if it is time to let go of certain things that are holding you back from your desires, dreams, and manifestations.
When you ask the mind a question, it must be in the form of a yes or no answer. Once you ask a question, which will be in a specific order, you will muscle test yourself for the answer. Through a process of elimination, the emotion that is blocking your manifestation will become apparent, and then you can release it from your energy field.
I have referenced my original copy of The Emotion Code so many times I have worn the edges out. It is not a complicated program, but it does involve some study time to grasps all the nuances. I had to overcome many self-imposed barriers, and I will explain how I tackled each one.
Dr. Nelson has updated The Emotion Code book with extended chapters, testimonies, and interesting new insights, which I have as an E-book.
Disbelief and Doubt
Even if you have doubts about the process, it can still work, but if you are absolutely sure it is useless, it will not help you. To ease your uncertainty, start a journal, and note any positive things or effects that are happening to you that are working towards your goals. Journals can be kept in a simple notebook or online.
Here are two free options to make a private journal online.
Open a Gmail account and go to Google Docs.In order to access Google Docs, a person must have a Gmail account name and password, so as long as you are the only one with that information, you are the only one that can access the documents.Google Docs will store everything online for you so you can go back a see your progress.
- To start a journal in Google Docs, open it, click on personal (you can choose between a personal or business account) then click on the blank document.
- Enter a catchy title, like your goal, in the upper left title box, and start making notes about your progress, feelings, and things happen around you.
- When adding information open up that title and input the date each time you enter something because the system will not automatically date it for you.
Read More From Remedygrove
Another option to make a secure online journal is Tumblr. Go to Tumblr and follow the step-by-step prompts to open an account.
- The trick to having a private blog on Tumblr is you first must open a regular account, but it does not need anything in it. To make it quick and easy, just input the bare minimums, so they will let you open one.
- Now you can open a second blog, but this one will be private. If you input anything into the original account, it will be live on Tumblr for everyone to read.
- After you added the second blog to the original one, scroll down to privacy settings and click “Password Protect this Blog.”
- Use the text tab at the top to add my notes, and like Google Docs, I date each one to track my progress.
Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to open the second one.
Adding A Second Blog to Tumblr For Privacy
Set Tumblr to Private Blog
Document, Document, Document
Write down every little thing because over time, they will add up. Document how you feel, even if it is discomfort because the discomfort is often a sign of the body processing the emotions. As you track it, you will notice in a day or so, depending on what you are tackling, that you will begin to feel different, and things will start to change or happen.
Now that you have a method to track your progress, it will squash any doubts as you see the growth.
Questions to Ask Yourself
As mentioned above, the questions must be in a yes or no format, but you can literally ask anything you want on any subject. Because you can do it alone, you do not have to worry about anybody judging your goals and dreams or making fun of your situation.
An easy way to phrase any question is to begin with…
“Do I have a trapped emotion that is causing me to feel …”
Fill in the blank with anxious, lonely, poor, broke, unworthy, unlovable, tired, fat, etc.
How To Ask
The Emotion Code Chart
When you are looking for the emotion that is holding you back, you will need a guide. There are many free printouts on the internet, just search “free emotion code chart,” and you will find different sizes and colors that various people have created.
Just make sure yours looks exactly like this one below. It is from the book, and it is the same one the doctor uses in the video above.
Getting Past the Wall around Your Heart
The doctor explains that a feeling may form a protective mental wall around your heart. This makes sense because during very difficult emotional times, in order to make it through you sometimes have to steel yourself or shut down your emotions just to survive.
When trying to get through a wall, I found meditation helped soften it, and then after the mediation, I would ask myself the same questions, “Do I have a trapped emotion that is causing me to feel…?” and see where it takes me.
This is a free meditation, and she explains what the heart wall is.
Troubleshooting Self Muscle Testing
Muscle testing is a way to ask the subconscious a question. There is a saying that the body does not lie, your mind may lie to you, but the body cannot tell a fib. The way to ask it a question and get an answer is through muscle testing.
The easiest way is by the sway testing method.
- To begin, stand with your hands at your side and feet hip-distance apart.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath (do not hold your breath).
- Then ask yourself a yes or no question.
- To test the method, ask yourself a question you know to be yes for sure, like “Is my first name XX?”
- If it is your real name, your body will naturally sway forward.
- If it is false or untrue, you will lean back.
Sway Text Demonstration
My Biggest Problem with Self Muscle Testing and The Solution
I found the number one problem I had performing the sway test was dehydration. You need to be hydrated for this to work.
At first, I drank a whole bunch of water right before the sessions thinking that would help, but it did not. In fact, it made me bloated and uncomfortable, and my sway tests were not accurate at all.
The remedy was to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I tried doing the sway test first thing in the morning, but your body is usually dehydrated after sleeping all night, and if you drink coffee or tea, like I was doing, you add to the dehydration. Mornings did not work for me.
I now do sessions later on in the day or the evening after I have had hours to rehydrate.
To remind yourself to drink water throughout the day you can
- Download a free app to your phone. There are a few basic free ones for both Android and iPhone users. Check your specific app store.
- Set the timer on your phone to alert you every hour.
- Carry a refillable water bottle with you.
- My favorite, make-flavored water. Then you cannot help but drink more, and it helped me ease some of the side effects (addressed below). Now, I use an infusion water bottle because I can carry it with me. When I first started flavoring water, I put in slices of ginger in a container to tame the nausea. Remember: Keep it Simple. Other things you can add to the water to mix it up are cucumbers, mint leaves, and any citrus fruit.
My Experience With The Release
After you have found the emotion, you release it by moving any magnet from your nose, over the top of your scalp, to the base of your neck. The magnet does not have to be anything special. The one hanging on your refrigerator will work just fine, and you can even use your hand because the body emanates a magnetic field. You DO NOT have to buy anything.
When you move the magnet or your hand over your head, you are hitting Chinese acupressure points.
Chinese Governing Meridian Points
Shortly after the session, I felt queasy. I believe that sensation came from the magnet activating these acupressure points in my head.
A study completed by the University of Minnesota and Northwestern Health Sciences University noted that some people experience a condition called vasovagals after an acupuncture treatment. The researchers describe vasovagals as a physical reaction, such as sweating, dizziness, or nausea, to an event or trigger.
To combat this, try ginger infused water.
What Methods I Did Wrong When Releasing
This treatment is all about moving energy and energy psychology. When I did the final process of moving my magnet/hand over my head, I thought about grabbing the problem and removing it from my body. That is not the correct attitude.
Instead, think of the action as flooding yourself with joy, gratitude, or another positive feeling. The meridian is opening up, so send yourself some good energy. Set yourself free!
Physical Sensations after a Session
Dr. Bradley noted that some of the clients left feeling light or odd after sessions. It can be a sign of the body letting go and doing what it needed to do the process the emotion. Document how you feel in your journal, and do not worry if it is slightly negative or moving. You may feel like crying. Take that as a sign it is working.
On one subject, I felt dizzy and nauseated after the first two sessions, and that is why I drank the infused ginger water. I spread them out by three days to allow my body time to clear itself. Sometimes that is what it takes, but you can relax in the knowledge that once it is gone, it is gone for good. Other individuals have reported flu-like systems.
Why You Won’t Find Many Scientific Studies
It is not hard to find some proof on some of the topics, such as how dehydration slows the body and mind down.
But when it comes to changing your life with thoughts or things like meditation and affirmations, no company seems to want to spend the time or invest the funds on the proof because there is no money to be made from the outcome.
So do not let that discourage, just keep on your own path.
Hang in there.
- Keep any type of journal and reread your entries every week or so. You will begin to see a pattern flowing.
- Ask yourself some fun questions.
- Take breaks from time to time.
- Read testimonies, there are plenty of them in the book.
- Hang out or join groups with like-minded individuals who will support you on your journey.
- And remember, stay hydrated.
Good Luck! I look forward to hearing your success comments.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on February 04, 2020:
Appears to be something to be tried and tested in ones life. Interesting. Well presented.