lovetherain is a seeker on a strange path and tends to philosophize everything, from the strange and odd to the mundane.
Spiritual Awakening Signs
Some people spend years doing yoga and meditation with the goal of a spiritual awakening. They may never achieve their goal. The thing is, a spiritual awakening only happens on its own. You cannot force it. Then there are those who have a spiritual awakening without trying. It can happen out of the blue, with no intention or warning. Some people welcome this. Others do not. The energies and symptoms of a spiritual awakening can be unwanted by some people.
This article will show the signs and symptoms of a spiritual awakening and discuss what to do if you are not ready.
Signs and Symptoms of a Spiritual Awakening
When your spiritual awakening is just beginning, you may experience a couple of strange occurrences: sleep paralysis and deja vu. These may happen for months or years leading up to your spiritual awakening.
- Sleep paralysis is what happens when you are still dreaming, yet are beginning to wake up. Your body is still in its natural paralyzed state from sleep. This can be scary, and at the least, an uncomfortable experience. You know you are awake, yet you can't move. Sometimes you are able to force yourself to wake up fully, but many people have trouble doing this. You may have hypnopompic hallucinations at this point. Hypnopompic hallucinations are natural hallucinations or dreams that happen to nearly anyone and are not a sign of mental illness. In this state, you are still partially dreaming.
- Deja vu is the experience of feeling like something is happening again, even though you don't remember it happening before. It is a feeling of familiarity with something that is happening in the present moment.
Both sleep paralysis and deja vu are indicators that you may be experiencing the beginnings of a spiritual awakening. Both are natural and happen to ordinary people. If they are happening frequently, you are getting closer to your awakening. These instances generally stop or are greatly reduced during the next stage of spiritual awakening.
Signs and symptoms of the next stage of spiritual awakening may include seeing numbers, experiencing the urge to meditate, synchronicities, lucid dreams, and a new interest in spiritual things.
- If you begin to see repetitive numbers everywhere, especially numbers including the digit "1," it may be a sign of an impending spiritual awakening. You may also see canonical numbers like multiples of three cubed, or 27. Keep multiplying by two and you get 54, 108, 216, 432, 864.
- You may have the sudden urge to meditate, even if you never have before. You might also begin to have an interest in yoga and spiritual matters. You may start to have lucid or even visionary dreams; the universe communicates through dreams. The dreams may have special meaning on a personal level, or they may be about spiritual matters. My dreams typically involve the precession of the equinoxes.
- The most important sign of a spiritual awakening is synchronicity. If strange coincidences keep happening on a daily basis, you are approaching a spiritual awakening. You are beginning to see the connection between the causal plane and the material plane.
Ready or Not?
If you are ready for your spiritual awakening, you need to do nothing more than "go with the flow." The awakening will happen on its own. Some of us are not quite ready and may not be able or willing to deal with the new strangeness and energies associated with a spiritual awakening.
There is nothing that can be done to stop an awakening. It is a natural process that will happen when it's time, whether you are ready or not. You may be able to slow it down to a more manageable level. The first thing you need to do is stop all spiritual practices. This means no yoga or meditation. You may also want to stop prayer and devotion for the time being. These things will only perpetuate your awakening.
The other thing you can do is try to ignore your experiences. Stop any research into spiritual subjects. Try not to think about it. Keep your mind busy with other things. Keeping your mind on other things will distract you from spiritual matters. Keep physically active as well. This will help ground you. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do besides distract yourself. Spiritual awakening is a natural process that will happen in its own time.
Naim on April 02, 2020:
I knew it!! I thought it may have been because of something scientific but I freaking knew it was a side effect of a spiritual awakening. I’ve been seeing repeating numbers like crazy every since I went on my journey and NONE of this started happening until I started my journey.